FIELD NOTES Coastal : West 3Packs
BY LAND OR BY SEA
Field Notes’ Spring 2018 quarterly limited edition (our 38th!) features two 3-Packs of Memo Books, separated by 2,800 miles. The “Coastal” Edition is a celebration of the left and right edges of the U.S.A..
Each Coastal Pack displays an American coastline mapped across three memo books in two bright holographic foils, stamped and debossed into Neenah Classic Crest “Cadet Gray” 100# cover stock.
“Coastal: East” reveals the Atlantic coast from Maine to Florida. “Coastal: West” features the Pacific coast from Puget Sound to the Mexican border.
The “ocean” reticle pattern on the cover is repeated on the body pages, printed with a split fountain of ink. The reticles on some pages are blue, some pages are green, and most are somewhere in between. The body paper is our standard Finch Opaque Smooth 60#T.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Neenah Classic Crest “Cadet Gray” 100#C, printed with white digital ink and stamped with Crown foils 210F-107 and 563F-107 by Nu Wave Die Cutting & Finishing, Chicago, Ill.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a split-fountain application of “Coastal Blue” and “Coastal Green” soy-based Saphira inks.
04. Cover printed on a Hewlett-Packard Indigo 12000 29" digital press; Innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color offset press.
05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker, with appreciation to Samuel Slocum, George W. McGill, and William J. Brown, the “Founding Fathers of the Staple.”
06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Reticle grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPCs: Coastal East 858493003691, Coastal West 858493003707
We ship all orders from our Penang warehouse within the next 1-3 business days from the date you placed your order and confirmed your payment.
Local Shipping (within Malaysia)
We use Pos Laju National Courier for all of our local shipping. The following shipping rate applies:
Peninsular Malaysia: RM5 (Shipping is FREE if your order is above RM50)
Sabah & Sarawak: RM15 (Shipping is FREE if your order is above RM150)
We currently provides FedEx International Economy/Priority as the only international shipping option. Delivery usually takes less than a week, varies by cities. Shipping rates is based on the order weight and destination country.
Please note that your order may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country. We are not responsible for these additional charges. You will be responsible for these charges as well as making sure to comply with laws and regulations of the destination country.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.