AN ADVENTURE OF A 2-PACK
The “Haxley” edition includes two 64-page books. The first is a “Story Book,” featuring ruled pages alongside Jay’s 31 black-and-white drawings. You can expand on Haxley’s adventure, or, just maybe, recount a completely different journey, one you make yourself.
The other book in the 2-Pack is a “Sketch Book” with blank pages. We trust you can find a way to fill that one up.
Both books feature Neenah Royal Sundance Felt “Warm White” covers with four spot colors and a fifth-glow-in-the-dark ink, illuminating the flashlight beams. They’re PUR-bound with Domtar Cougar smooth 70# “Natural” text paper inside.
Note: We have a limited number of uncut, signed and numbered press sheets from the Haxley print run, available for sale. And, of course, they include the glow-in-the-dark flashlight beams!
Everyone is invited to tag along on Haxley’s adventure, but it might be best if you bring a kid with you, and maybe a couple squirrels with flashlights too.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Neenah Royal Sundance Felt 100#C “Warm White,” with a thick, brute force application of four soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: Domtar Cougar 70#T “Natural,” with a fine, 3-color application of soy-based Saphira inks.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
05. Glow-in-the-dark ink screen-printed at H&H Graphics, Vernon Hills, Ill.
06. Bound by Specialty Finishing Group, Elk Grove Village, Ill., with the Wohlenberg Quickbinder PUR system with Henkel TechnoMelt PUR 3365 and GA 007A glues.
07. Corners rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM corner-rounder.
08. Ruled lines (“Story Book” only): approx. 1/4" (6.4mm). ("Sketch Book" is blank)
09. Memo book dimensions are 3–1/2"× 5–1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
10. Characters and images herein are the property of THE BIRD MACHINE, INC.
11. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
12.All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.