N UPDATED CLASSIC
We introduced our “Pitch Black” dot-graph Field Notes Memo Book in 2013, and it quickly became one of our most popular memo books. After a few reprints, we’ve made some upgrades, and we’re now offering a range of Pitch Black books with a variety of options.
Our classic 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" Pitch Black memo books are still available in 3-Packs with the original Dot-Graph 60# Finch Opaque body paper, but there’s also a Ruled version now. Both versions are bound with glossy black staples and sturdy 118# covers featuring new, Field Notes-exclusive black/kraft duplex paper from French Paper Co. (see film below). The family also features a new Pitch Black logo discreetly printed on the back. (We just might get that tattooed somewhere…)
Pitch Black has always been considered Field Notes’ more “urbane” offering, a favorite everywhere from the white-collar downtown boardroom to the black-turtleneck uptown studio. The new kraft inside covers add a hint of earthy charm to Pitch Black’s hip professionalism. Or professional hipness, if you prefer. Either way, Pitch Black makes a fashionable home for your best ideas.
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDOC Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: French Paper Co. custom-made 118#C “Pitch Black Duplex” (“Blacktop” and “Packing Brown Wrap”) with a brute force application of “Stephanite” (outside) and “Dachshund Nose Black” (inside) soy-based Saphira inks.
03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Light Mist Gray” soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color press.
05. Bound with gloss black staple wire on a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
06. Corners precisely rounded to 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge SCM double round-corner machine.
07. Dot-Graph grid: 3/16" × 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm). Ruled lines: 1/4" (6.4mm).
08. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
10. All FIELD NOTES note books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. UPCs: FN-33 Dot-Graph: 858493003523, FN-34 Ruled: 858493003530